Thursday 9 February 2012

Head Covering

In my opinion, head covering is a religious aspect of someone life and people should have the right to wear it in public and wherever they want because it's their religion. The religion of being Muslim, is actually also my religion, so I know the true facts about it. Women are required to wear a head cover (hijab) and certain clothing everywhere, with the exception of their own home. In common sense, it is needed to know how a person looks like for identification reasons. But in the Muslim religion women are to not reveal themselves, except in the case of health care. It makes sense to know what a person actually looks like for identification and security reasons, but it's hard for Muslims to accept it because it is considered a sin. This issue could be fought fairly in both ways but the idea of showing your face or any body part is not allowed in this religion. Although everyone should show their face for identification purposes.

8 comments:

  1. Although I agree with your opinion on showing their face for identification, I do not agree with you saying that it is part of the religion. I heard Muslims state that it is a personal choice rather than part of the religion. This also brings some curiosity as to why you do not wear a head covering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay well I'm pretty sure that I know what my religion is. I know all the facts, and having a head covering is one of the aspects of it, you must wear one, but some people choose to only show their eyes or just cover their head and show their face. Also the reason why I don't wear one is because my family isn't that strict and I choose not to.

      Delete
  2. This is a good post to add a link to in order to verify the facts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's a link to information... that talks about the dress code.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is a really good post, very interesting. I'd like to learn more about the religion, you should do more posts about it:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. good idea to blog about this since it has to do with ur religion :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it should be by choice that some one should choose to participate in this religion and living in a different country does affect the strictness against havuing to wear a head covering. anyway i really like your post rocky good job

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you guys <3 and yes Amber, it is part of the religion and it is expected for everyone to follow it but still, everyone has the right to makes their own chooses

    ReplyDelete